Monday 5 August 2013

Entering Time Machine

A letter for my 23 years old version. 

Dear me,
Hello! congrats you can still have a breath at the age of 23!

Well, actually I have no idea to write a letter for my 5 years after version, and, you know, I’M KINDA NERVOUS, EVEN I AM JUST WRITING A LETTER FOR MY OWN SELF.
..But I have a dream right now, and I hope ‘you’ already make a big step for our dream.
I have an imagination that you will look like, well. Still have a less expression, hahaha. That’s ok, that’s our mark . high five!

And... you will wear a lot of make up than me, to make your appearance better in front of your client. Your hair will not as messy as I am now. Mind to have some tattoo or pierce maybe? Hahaha I don’t think so. But it’s up to you if you want to. Actually, I wanna have that! let’s wait until you have a career, ok. Ah, and try to dye your hair, pleasee

You have been through a lot of things. I know.  Maybe you lose someone you love, get a failure in some job, celebrate many happy things,  maybe you drink alcohol, get drunk,  smoke, sleepless for a long time to give the best damn work in your career, receive at least 1 award wkwk, have to save a lot of money to buy a movie maker tools, cry in bathroom for a long time, laugh together with people you love, that’s okay. You are still great. 

Why I say that you are still great? Because... you are not only experience a bad things now, you have been through a lot even when you are still a little, when you are even can’t do anything to help your situation. that’s why I know that you still can stand. Because you are a grown up now.

But please don’t destroy yourself too long. You are too precious for that.

Ah, Have you find somebody you really love as your partner of life? :p

Please tell me that you already can drive a car easily, because right now I am still learning but it’s too hard, you know, -__-

 And if someone insult you, keep your head high. Your life is way too short to hear a negative things. But don’t fly too high when you got a compliment, still do your best everytime. Okay?  Stand by yourself even when anybody do that for you. Do everything that you think that’s right, as long as you don’t harm anybody, like your mother said.

Forgive people who already messed up  with you. I knew that because right now I just can forget but not forgiving someone yet. I think forgiving someone will make your life easier to go on.

Find some hobby that make you love yourself more.
Try some lottery, and join quiz!
Don’t forget to provide your savings account.
and don't forget to go to Church. :p
Do some dumb or crazy things with your friends like when you were in dormitory \o/
Attend many workshops to meet more inspiring people. 
Keep in touch with your senior high school friends! 

I can imagine that know you can depend on your own self, you can make your own money from your own hand now. Rite? You must be so proud of yourself, because that was what you want from a little.

Remember when you imagined people you loved sitting around you at the elegant restaurant and you are the one who paid for the bill? I hope you make that real now.

Remember when you wondering to buy your own room furnitures and a motorcycle? Congrats if you already can afford that!

Remember that when friends around you already went to another country and you haven’t so you hope that one day you can take your family to a foreign country for holiday with your own money :D I hope that that place is Japan, because I love Anime, but that just too expensive hahaha it’s okay if you haven’t.  Save your money to go there!

In your deep heart, you already have a list of people who already misunderstood you in the past and you want to show them and prove them that they were absolutely wrong. Yeah here we go!

Remember what kind of struggle it would be when you entering communication visual design and you are afraid because you know that a lot of people already did better than you. But because you love drawing and love to make some movies, and you have a dream that you wanna make money from your passion, you will work hard for that.

Remember when you can’t wait to work at movie production? Well, because I don’t know how that feels now. Can you tell me? I hope you already been for that :D All I know that It will be a long, tired, and so many brain storm process, but when you see the result, just one word : amazing! 

Remember when you hope you can play at least one classic music instrumental? Not only the traditional music that you learnt from elementary school until senior hogh school? How’s that? Haha.

Remember when I used to listening all of the Coldplay, Aqualung, Of Monsters and Men, One Republic when I’m down? What’s your playlist now?

I know that right now you are working in some office, well I hope that the place wasn’t in Jakarta, but if you working there, it’s okaay. You still have enough time to have so many experiences. All that really matter is  “You already find a job that make you love Monday, right?”

Well...maybe there was a time when you will miss the 18,17,16,15,14,until the time when I was born version of myself. When you meet a lot of people who mean to you, when you just too tired to work really hard just for a money, when you get tempered by people at your office (or boss, maybe?)  While right now, I am wondering to be in your position..

But time will not stop just to let us stuck in the past or future moment. Life must go on. You have to do what in front of you right now. So do I.

Here’s my note for you : Don’t get prampered by comfort zone, you are too young to choose sit in your comfortable place rather than exploring. “People =  the student of life” Remember?

Well, life can be sooo different than what I've expected, but that's fine :D as long as you remember my note. 


..You probably think right now : “My 18 years old version is sooo bad at grammar -__-”
Then fix it, okaayy? At least I’m trying lol
Do you wonder what your 18 years old version of yourself doin’ right now?
Lying on her bed, put her chin on a pillow, let her 10 fingers moving, thinkin’ about you J
After that, she have a plan to watch Grey’s Anatomy and reading manga, hahahaha that series is just so cool.

Dear me, I want to see you, and say outloud "I'm proud of you!!" :D



Sincerely,
Your 18 years old version
Serpong, Tangerang 5 Agustus 2013.


Check for other's version too!
Laras's ( Prasetya Mulya, Faculty of Business)
Rere's  ( Universitas Udayana, Faculty of Communication)
Ashya's ( Singapore Institute of Management, Faculty of Accounting)
Asti's  ( Universitas Indonesia, Faculty of International Communication)

No comments:

Post a Comment